- Who is the Solution For?
- Under-served Community where this solution can be Deployed
- Sustainability of the Solution
- Expected Outcome of the Solution
- Testimonial from Volunteer
Who is the Solution For?
Menstrual Education to every girl and boy, and to the society around them and sustainable menstrual kit to every girl/ woman who is part of the awareness program.
If a girl child does not know about menstruation when she comes of age, if she believes in all the superstitions and myths associated with menstruation and if she does not have access to a safe, environment friendly menstruation, then she does not have complete access to health.
If the men and women around the girl child do not have enough awareness about menstruation, then we are not respecting the dignity of the girl child.
Under-served Community where this solution can be Deployed
Government Schools, Shelter homes, Slums, Rural areas
Sustainability of the Solution
The girl/woman can reuse the pads for over a year without having to buy pads each month. The cups could last for even 5 years.
Expected Outcome of the Solution
- Women coming out of myths and superstitions associated with menstruation.
- Women not losing out anymore on 3-5 days of their productivity each month.
- Girls not missing school for 3-5 days each month.
Testimonial from Volunteer
“I loved the experience of teaching young girls about sustainable menstrual products. I learnt a lot about sustainable menstruation in the process.” – says a volunteer who conducted menstrual awareness programs in a slum in Bangalore, Karnataka (India)